Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Half Marathon

 Well, I did it!  I finished my first half marathon and actually ran it faster than I thought I could.  While up in northern Utah, I signed up for the Farmington Half Marathon.  It was a great experience and I felt good while running the race.  I finished the race in 1:53....which is around 8:44 a mile.  My family was awesome and came to watch me run and support me.  And my amazing dad woke up at 4:30am with me and actually drove me to where my race was.  He was there when I started the race and cheered me on the entire race.  He would drive out and wait for me every few miles and would cheer me on when I would run by.  What a great dad!  It gave me motivation to keep going because I knew he was waiting for me.  After I finished the race my family took me out to IHOP for some yummy breakfast.  I have such an awesome family.  I was proud of myself for finishing the race.  It was always something I had wanted to accomplish and I wanted to teach my kids that they could do hard things.  I wanted to show them that you can accomplish your goals with hard work.  My next goal is to now train for an olympic triathlon...so we'll see how that goes.

No comments: